- “California Gurls” singer Katy Perry aims to get John Galliano to design her wedding dress for when she ties the knot with comedian Russell Brand. Is it wrong of me to secretly wish that Brand will try to pull off one of Galliano’s ridiculously awesome hats for the special occasion?
- Magazine junkies everywhere will be disappointed to hear the latest fashion-tech news: Apple will be censoring nipples for the iPad versions of magazines, as the company considers chest flesh to be soft-core porn. What would fashion be without nipples and arses?
- Supermodel Claudia Schiffer takes a cue from Demi Moore and poses nude for Germany’s June Vogue issue. Karl Lagerfeld shoots the pregnant beauty, who is currently pregnant with her third child.
Actress Lindsay Lohan won’t let her dismissal at the House of Emanuel Ungaro get her fashion aspirations down. Instead, the leggings designer is expanding her line to handbags. Former Dolce & Gabbana handbag designer Paz Shaked Wolf teamed up with Lohan for the “nightclub-inspired” pieces, set to sell this holiday season.
- Despite the fact that her face has graced plenty of magazine covers and campaign advertisements, Scarlett Johansson reveals in her V Magazine interview that she goes into hair and makeup “like this perfectly prepared sausage.” Does she really think that we’re going to buy that bologna?
- It was only a matter of time after seeing Lady Gaga sport those McQueen lobster claw platforms that we knew she was destined to don the heel-less Nina Ricci creations. Voila! The chic songstress was spotted wearing them at the Museum of Modern Art. That lady sure nows how to pick her shoes accordingly.
- Model Agyness Deyn joins forces with her sister Emily for a T-shirt line in collaboration with Uniqlo’s UT Project. Catch the designs quickly—the line is oh-so-surprisingly a limited-edition.
- Fashionista Vanessa Traina is rumored to have been snapped up in Paris by photographer Benoit Peverelli for Louis Vuitton’s Pre-Fall 2010 campaign.
- So we knew that the Mulleavy sisters of Rodarte always called themselves losers, but we never honestly knew how interesting they really are… until now. Kate recently revealed that her first knitting project was for a girl’s pet lizard. I don’t know about you, but that seems like it’s got to take a lot of talent—a lizard?
Lady Gaga has been accused of copying Grace Jones’ style.
The “Poker Face” hitmaker approached the veteran singer for a collaboration, but the former model turned her down because she is not a fan of the eccentric star.
Grace revealed, “I really don’t think of Lady Gaga at all. I go about my business. Well, you know, I’ve seen some things she’s worn that I’ve worn, and that does kind of p**s me off. Is she talented? I wouldn’t go to see her. Yes, she did ask to work with me, but I said no. I’d just prefer to work with someone who is more original and someone who is not copying me, actually.”
Despite her advancing years, the 61-year-old star still has a toned figure and admits her muscular frame has always set her apart from other women: “When I started modeling, I’d raise my arms and it was all muscle and all the other models had nothing. Really, everybody thought I was a man. I don’t have to do much to have muscles. It’s just genetic.”
Lady Gaga hates casually dressed celebrities.
The “Telephone” singer - who is famed for her eccentric fashion sense - believes stars should make an effort when they appear at red carpet events as she thinks it’s something the fans deserve:
“I think you should look nice all the time. When I meet celebrities and they’re in casual clothes, I’m always like, ‘Whaaat?’ I don’t mean to be judgmental, but it would do them better to be who they really are, all the time. When I get out of a car and there are 30 fans waiting for me, I know I’m dressed the way I should be. There’s a reason they have that emotional reaction.”
The 24-year-old star also admitted her image is highly sexed but denied rumours she buys her clothes from sex stores.
She told Britain’s OK! magazine, “Everybody loves sex. I would love to be introduced to one person on the planet that does not love sex. I don’t buy my clothes from sex shops. I just recently have had a love affair with S+M clothing and masks as I love the idea of telling stories with no face. I believe in some things very strongly and that is the power of showbiz.”
Fashionable pop singer Lady Gaga asked to look like a prisoner in her latest music video.
The eccentric singer teamed up with designers Viktor and Rolf for “Telephone” - her duet with Beyonce Knowles - as she wanted them to create her a bespoke costume, which was inspired by spending time behind bars. As a result, in some scenes in the video Gaga wears a dark grey leopard jersey jumpsuit with a studded bodice decorated with metal chains.
“Lady Gaga asked us to design a prisoner’s outfit. This is how we imagined Gaga if she was incarcerated. She inspired us and her bodysuit was included in our brand new ‘glamour factory’ collection. It is styled with a huge pile of exaggerated metal chain necklaces.”
As well as her Viktor and Rolf prison outfit, Gaga and Beyonce also wear designs by outlandish designer Jean Charles de Castelbajac - with Beyonce choosing a blue jacket from the Spring/Summer 2010 collection and Gaga sporting a bespoke dress.
Henry Holland wants to dress Lady Gaga. The British designer is a huge fan of the eccentric “Bad Romance” singer’s sense of style and would love to work with her - but only if she agreed with his ideas.
“I’d love to dress Gaga but I’d be too terrified to tell her what to wear.It would have to be a collaborative process.”
The designer’s close friend, model Agyness Deyn, also confessed to being a big fan of Gaga and her quirky fashion ideas after seeing her promoting a new MAC lipstick. Agyness told Now, “I was inspired.”
Henry and Gaga should get along fine if the designer creates an outfit with lots of accessories - including high-heeled shoes. The singer said recently, “I would rather die than have my fans not see me in a pair of high heels. I’d never give up my wigs and hats for anything. You see legendary people taking out their trash, I think it’s destroying showbusiness.”
UPDATE: McQueen had cocaine, tranquilizers and sleeping pills in his system when he died.
The fashion industry mourns the loss of yet another prominent force in the industry. British fashion designer Alexander McQueen, 40, was found dead in his London apartment this morning, having reportedly committed suicide. His death comes days after his mother’s death and three years after the suicide of Isabella Blow, the famed style icon who discovered him.
Read More | Daily Mail
Lady Gaga is Paris Hilton‘s style icon.
Hotel heiress Paris has revealed she is in awe of the outrageous stage outfits the “Bad Romance” singer manages to “pull off” and would love her own wardrobe to be as adventurous.
She Tweeted, “Dancing to Lady Gaga. Her outfits are so amazing! She is such a style icon! No one can pull it off like she can!”
The 28-year-old socialite - who is known for her own choice in skimpy clothing - was at the eccentric singer’s Nokia Theatre Los Angeles Live concert a few nights ago. Throughout the show, Paris, posted several photographs of the blonde performer and praised her on both her appearance and her vocals.
“Lady Gaga looks so Hot! Love her! At Lady Gaga concert, sooo sickkk!!(sic)”
Before she headed off to the sell-out show, Paris made a special effort to dress up for the “incredible” evening and spent extra time on her appearance: “Getting ready to go to the Lady Gaga Concert tonight! So Excited!! I heard the show in incredible!!!!!(sic)”
(FYI - You can also follow Chic Dish on Twitter.)
Update: It has now been reported that the dress was made of latex, not leather.
When Lady Gaga talked to Jay Leno a few weeks ago, she showed no fear regarding what she would wear when performing for the Queen of England. Judging by the images from the event, the pop star certainly did not hold back from her usual, zany fare.
Dressed in an Elizabethan-inspired
latex number, Gaga took the stage—along with her 20 ft. train—atop a suspended piano for a scene (image after the jump) that could pass off as being pulled from a Tim Burton film.
Read More | Daily Mail
- L’Oreal hires model-turned-actress Diane Kruger as their worldwide spokesperson (not that it was a surprise so much as it was a matter of which makeup company was going to demand a deal with her).
- Kelly Osbourne’s fiancé Luke Worrell experiments with androgyny. He looks just as gorgeous as a woman, too! How unfair is that?
- Taylor Swift rocks some major Prada Swarovski in a high fashion shoot for T: The New York Times Style Magazine; it’s nice to see her break out of her natural style and put those model looks of hers to good use.
- Epic collaborations keep coming! While Dior may be nabbing David Lynch, Karl Lagerfeld is never one to be outdone, recruiting Martin Scorsese to direct a Chanel
short film. What we’re all really wondering is whether or not Leonardo DiCaprio will be making an appearance…
- Lady Gaga, much like her appearance on Jay Leno’s show, toned down her outfit for Barbara Walters. Citing her inspiration as her mother’s classic Chanel suit, Gaga left her body art installations, masks, and heavy makeup at home. Lately, the once pantsless revolution leader has been embracing what she seemed to detest—is this a new age for the singer?
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.